Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A MODERN TORPEDO SHOT...AWESOME!!!

From time to time individuals that find and casually read a few of my Naval & Nautical articles will send me pictures, videos as well as documents that they happen onto during their searches of the net or in their visits to their local library.

In any regard I normally look it over and if I find it appropriate I'll offer to share what they send to my readers or anyone that is interested in this sort of material, and this is the case with the following video....

A Mr. Highton sent me this short video....which demonstrates the awesome power of the modern day torpedo.  In Mr. Highton's e-mail to me....he also sent the following text:


-----------------

Torpedo practice shot


This is an Australian Navy submarine doing a live torpedo practice shot on one of Australia's de-commissioned frigates. It used a Mk 48 torpedo developed in the USA. It is non-nuclear and not a contact weapon. It is designed to go off directly underneath the ship at about 50 feet under the keel. The effect is devastating as you can see from the video.


Quite an amazing display of 'hogging' and 'sagging' on the poor frigate's structure as well!

----------------------




Just 'click' on the 'forward arrow' to 'run' the video....and make sure your speakers are turned up.

If anyone wishes this particular video 'sent' to their personal e-mail 'inbox'...just send me your mailing address and I'll be glad to reply with the video attached.
 
Hope you enjoy this interesting video!!
-------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment