Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

CATAPULTS COME OF AGE


The other day I was at the library digging around for some material for a subject or two that I wished to write about.  Well I like to go deep into the basement of the facility where the light is not so good...and for some it is somewhat ghostly feeling.  Anyway I go there and right away I get engrossed in a few books or articles of naval history...and before I know it the day has passed me by.

This is what happen to me on this article....I happened on to it and thought it would offer some of the readers some 'insight' to the history of the 'Catapult' that is something in awe everytime I see a jet depart from those flattops.

This article may not be to the liking of everyone ....it may be a tad too detailed....but it was an article that was written back in the mid 50's and it does provide the reader with history on this device...and how it all came about.

What I found most interesting was putting myself in the shoes of these pilots that was part of the first experiences of getting this device "up and running."  Can you just imagine how many times that plane they were on....did not make it up as high as desired......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....them guys had guts!!!!

Anyway Mr. Reader...if you'd care to give this article a going over....just click on the link below and it will take you right to the rather long .pdf file.

CATAPULTS COME OF AGE

Hope you enjoy!!!

cshortridge73@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment