Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

'UNDER THE EYE OF THE GOVERNMENT'


For more than 200 years the Washington Navy Yard has played an important part in the history of the U.S. republic and its navy.  From being an early center of shipbuilding, to producing heavy ordnance in the Civil War and two world wars, to being an administrative center and keeper of the Navy's history, the U.S. Navy's oldest installation always has been a vital servant of the nation's sea services.

Yes....I am aware that there are parts of this article that could be a tad dull...but if you stick with the read....I'm positive you'll get a history lesson of a huge facility.....I myself would have gave every cent I have to see this "Gun Factory" and the huge machinery that it took to produce these huge guns for the many battleships that graced our oceans...

If you want to give this one a read....which I encourage you to do so..just click :

Hope you enjoy the read.


No comments:

Post a Comment